Your get-url should be able to receive the whole string and then you can pass on the message(sms) to the application to email it.

Some telcos can allow you to use sms2email and send an email thru http.

P.

On Aug 8, 2008, at 7:37 AM, Julius Morales Reolizo wrote:

----- Original Message ----

From: Julius Morales Reolizo <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: users@kannel.org
Sent: Friday, August 8, 2008 11:05:16 AM
Subject: Newbie question: sending sms thru http

Sorry if its a repost...

But i'm trying to send a sms thru an email. fakesmsc works fine...

The thing i really don't get is how can i send the http???
What do i need? what is cgi-bin/sendsms in get-url? is that contrib/ sendsms?
Can i do that with this?

 <head>
   <title></title>
 </head>
<form name="temp" method="get" action="http://localhost:13013/empty.html ">
 <input type="text" name="to" value="+56456456" />
 <textarea name="msg" rows="4" cols="20">
  adiks
 </textarea>
 </form>

empty.html is just empty file... and set
       get-url="http://localhost:13013/empty.html?to=%p&msg=%r";

can i do that not using the contrib/sendsms?

Thanks... more power to you guys and gals...

Edit: May I add... im doing sending a sms from http to a gsm modem... Thanks anyways...