From: Jason Mule [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, October 27, 2008 4:02 PM
To: users@kannel.org
Subject: Kannel startup script does not stop bearerbox completely

Hi,
Can anyone else on this list confirm this? I have noticed that the
Kannel init script (Debian Etch, Kannel 1.4.1) does not stop bearerbox
completely when called. After calling 'start-stop-daemon --stop
--retry 5 --pidfile $PIDFILES/kannel_bearerbox.pid --exec
$BOXPATH/run_kannel_box' , a bearerbox process remains which must be
killed manually or by adding a line similar to the one below to the
init script:

# Wait for bearerbox to finish
start-stop-daemon --stop --quiet --oknodo --retry=0/30/KILL/5 --exec
$BOXPATH/bearerbox

--
Kind regards
Jason Mule

COSMOFON - Mobile Telecommunications Services - A.D. Skopje
This  e-mail  (including   any   attachments) is   confidential and  may  be
protected  by  legal  privilege.  If  you are not the intended recipient, you
should not copy it, re-transmit it, use  it  or  disclose its contents, but
should return it to the sender  immediately  and delete  your  copy from your
system. Any unauthorized  use or dissemination of this message in whole or in
part is strictly prohibited. Please note that e-mails are susceptible  to
change. COSMOFON A.D. Skopje shall not be liable  for  the improper or
incomplete transmission of the information contained in this communication nor
for any delay in its receipt or damage to your system.