From: Alejandro Guerrieri <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "users@kannel.org" <users@kannel.org>; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, November 14, 2008 1:33:43 PM
Subject: Re: I: imy format to send via SMS

Mauro,

A few notes:

1. You won't be able to tell make and model from the incoming SMS. SMS protocol
doesn't have any means to inform you about the kind of device sending the
message, so you'll probably have to ask that (by means of some sort of
interactive menu or similar methods).

2. Not all models support the same formats, and as I've stated before, there
are some models that support shorter messages only.

3. On Kannel source, check on /contrib/web folder, there are some examples on
sending many different formats (mostly legacy). Despite not having EMS and
SCKL, the "TUNE" mode uses SmartMessaging and it should serve you as a guide
about how to implement the other formats.

That being said, yes, that would work out for legacy phones IMHO.

Regards,

Alejandro Guerrieri