Hi,

As the mentioned issue is one of basic functionalities of SMPP, I think it
should be an workaround, even if its not possible through explicit defined
parameters.

I read this article in the blog

http://tiliman.wordpress.com/2008/12/20/replacing-sms-on-a-phone-using-kannel-sms-gateway/

Sending a self destruct or replaceable message is pretty easy with Kannel as
long as your SMSC supports it.

Send first SMS with pid=65
http://SERVER:PORT
/cgi-bin/sendsms?from=55512345&username=me&password=mypass&
to=5551233&text=original+msg&pid=65

Send second SMS with pid=65

http://SERVER:PORT
/cgi-bin/sendsms?from=55512345&username=me&password=mypass&
to=5551233&text=msg+replaced&pid=65
Can I have your comments on this method? (As far as I read pid values are
limited)

Thanks

Elton