For inter-smsc routing, check the reroute-receiver option of group = smsc.

=+= Rene

-----Original Message-----
From: users-boun...@kannel.org [mailto:users-boun...@kannel.org] On Behalf
Of Brian Rathman
Sent: Tuesday, 10 August, 2010 22:01
To: users@kannel.org
Subject: SMSBox Routing Question

Ok, I have proceed a little further and I am now confused on the routing
setup. I'm having trouble understanding exactly how the smsbox-route groups
work along with the smsbox group.

I currently have three SMSCs configured.

Two are to my upstream carrier and they are smpp connections:

# SMSC 1:
group = smsc
smsc = smpp
smsc-id = ATTSTC
host = 20.10.5.100
port = 9000
receive-port = 9000
smsc-username = "TE"
smsc-password = TE
system-type = "VMA"
address-range = ""
reconnect-delay = 50
msg-id-type = 1

# SMSC 2:
group = smsc
smsc = smpp
smsc-id = ATTVTC
host = 20.10.6.100
port = 9000
receive-port = 9000
smsc-username = "TE"
smsc-password = TE
system-type = "VMA"
address-range = ""
reconnect-delay = 50
msg-id-type = 1

I am able to bind to both of these and send and receive without any
problems.

The third smsc is my customer running Kannel at another location:

# SMSC 3:
group = smsc
smsc = http
system-type = kannel
smsc-id = LBSMS1
smsc-username = TE
smsc-password = TE
port = 9001
send-url = "http://smstest.lb.com:9001/";
connect-allow-ip = "20.8.8.10;127.0.0.1"

I would like to route anything that is coming TO either of two short codes
(ie, 1111 and 1112) to SMSC #3. So basically anything inbound from my
upstream provider SMSC #1 and SMSC #2 and also anything from my local
sendsms-user:

group = sendsms-user
username = ku
password = xxxxx
concatenation= true
max-messages = 10

that is destined for 1111 or 1112 will be sent to SMSC3. Anything else needs
to be sent to SMSC #1 first and then if that is unavailable send to SMSC #2.

Thanks,
Brian