What version of Kannel did you install?  If you installed 1.5 version then
the folder it should be there.

Alternatively you can compile with the sources.  For example if your
download files were in  /usr/local/src/gateway/
You can run the configure command as * ./configure
--with-kannel-dir=/usr/local/src/gateway/ . *It should work.

P.