On Wed, 2011-12-21 at 11:17, Jorge Raimundo wrote:
> Yes, I know, please don't get me wrong.
>
> In fact I'm really pleased and surprised by the amount and quality of the
> documentation available.
>
> What I said before was just to say that "*read the userguide carefully*"
> doesn't always apply as a useful answer.

Well, sentence '*read the userguide carefully*' is there because it must
be done that way if anyone want to understand it. And that is because is
not complete or perfect.

There are a lot of users questions on this mailing list from the people
who are lazy to even read userguide once, at least.

> In my case I managed to download, compile, configure and send an SMS using
> the userguide.
> Only when I reached the point of handling DLR and bulk messages I needed
> extra help from the mailing list. This is already very good.
>
> If you allow me to give a suggestion, I would recommend to have the
> documentation also in a wiki where users could edit, change, correct and
> improve the documentation.
> If this was possible, I would gladly have edited the wiki to include these
> little changes I've found necessary on the DLR sections.

Personally, I don't think the wiki with open access is good method for
maintaining any documentation but it could be better than nothing.

Best method to help (IMO) is to send patches for code or documentation
to development mailing list where developers can review and (if all is
ok) apply patches.

--
Kind regards,  Milan
Arvanta, IT Security        http://www.arvanta.net