On Mon, 2012-10-01 at 23:37, unbelieva...@nexus.hu wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> We'd like to test Kannel by installing two separate instances on the same
> Ubuntu box: a 1.4.3 is
> currently installed, and we'd like to have another one (v1.5.0) up and
> running to play with before
> upgrading (and in general it'd be our idea to test CVS snapshots too after a
> successful 1.5.0
> migration).
>
> (We cannot use further servers for testing since the IP is registered in our
> providers' firewalls
> and is quite
> cumbersome to change).
>
> Is there a best practice to do this without messing up everything?
>
> What we've learned so far in a virtual server while trying to simulate the
> separate install:
>
> configure --with-suffix=-1.5.0 --with-mysql --with-start-stop-daemon
>
> This approach
> - led to the new executables with the -1.5.0 suffix under /usr/local/...
> - didn't touch existing config files
> - we created /var/log/kannel-1.5.0 and /etc/kannel-1.5.0, and an init.d script
>
> However we don't know if there's anything that could cause any conflicts
> later, eg. header files or
> man pages or
> anything like that (or should we even care about that at all?).
>
> Please share your thought or experience with us!
> Thanks a lot!

You can download 1.5.0 debs (binary only) from:
https://redmine.kannel.org/projects/kannel/files

They works on Debian/Ubuntu distros quite well and are compiled with
sqlite3, postgresql and mysql DB support.

I have in my private repository svn4981 (amd64 only) debs, so if you are
desperate I can upload them somewhere for you.

And rebuild current svn is quite easy :-)

--
Kind regards,  Milan
Arvanta,        http://www.arvanta.net