On Sat, 2013-01-12 at 13:45, Sarfaraz Jamal wrote:
> Here is a script we use for restarting kannel:
>
> #!/bin/sh
> clear
> echo Restarting the process, please allow 15 seconds...
> kill -9 $(/sbin/pidof smsbox)
> kill -9 $(/sbin/pidof bearerbox)
> cd /opt/gw
> sleep 5
> nohup ./bearerbox -v 1 > bearerbox.log &
> sleep 5
> nohup ./smsbox -v 1 > smsbox.log &
> cd /root
> clear
> echo Restarted - Verify with web that both services are running.

IMHO, it is better option to use your distribution standard scripts so
you then have integration with your system init system, i.e. you can
enable/disable starting it at boot; and at which runlevel it starts.

No one wants to start Kannel in OS repair level, in normal
circumstances.

--
Kind regards,  Milan
Arvanta,        http://www.arvanta.net