On Mon, 2013-01-21 at 11:39, Rudy Matela wrote:
> Hello,
>
> On Mon, Jan 21, 2013 at 11:12 AM, Joan <aseq...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > It took quite a lot of time to find out that the version 1.4.3 doesn't
> > support a quite typical format for the DLR timestamps, so I'll document it
> > here for the other people that might be affected.
> > kannel 1.4.3 supports without issues the format defined in the SMPP
> > specification 3.4 for DLR timestamps (YYMMDDhhmm) (Appendix B), but it's
> > common now to find providers using a format with seconds (YYMMDDhhmmss).
> > Kannel 1.4.3 won't be able to read that timestamp and will mark all the
> > replies as if there was a malformed response.
> >
> > There is a patch in kannel source tree to change this, but probably involves
> > more changes to work (simply applying the patch doesn't work)
> > https://redmine.kannel.org/projects/kannel/repository/revisions/4749/diff/trunk/gw/smsc/smsc_smpp.c
> >
> > So the people using debian should be aware of this, a working .deb  with 1.5
> > can be found here ->  https://redmine.kannel.org/projects/kannel/files
>
> Nice to know that. Has anyone tried that .deb package on Ubuntu
> Server? Does it work on it out-of-the-box?

Yes. Some people reported to me that it works quite fine on Debian and
Ubuntu. No one reported any problem to me, yet.
And it works for me without any problem for more than a year.

These days I'm trying to move from Debian dh_make to cdbs build method.
I've built all packages except docs by cdbs. (I have to learn more
about cdbs.)

--
Kind regards,  Milan
Arvanta,        http://www.arvanta.net