On Thu, 2013-03-14 at 00:15, Stipe Tolj wrote:
> Am 11.03.2013 12:46, schrieb Milan P. Stanic:
> >On Mon, 2013-03-11 at 14:21, Ombongi Moraa Fe wrote:
> >>My SMSC is moving CPs away from SMPP and introducing an SDP Platform. There
> >>are a set of endpoints to allow me to receive messages from the SDP gateway
> >>that I need to implement on my end. However, from documentation shared, the
> >>implementation of message forwarding and sending has to be SOAP based.
> >
> >There is a trend to move from SMPP to SOAP. ;)
>
> which is not good at all.

I absolutely agree with you.

> >>Question:
> >>
> >>1) Is it still possible to use Kannel for this? Since the connection will
> >>no longer be smpp but http, and also since the messages need to forwarded
> >>as soap requests, how can I make the connection between Kannel and the SDP?
> >
> >Stipe posted patch for Kannel which adds Parlay XML (SOAP)
> >http://www.kannel.org/pipermail/devel/2011-February/004339.html
> >
> >New patch can be downloaded from:
> >
> >http://www.kannel.org/~tolj/patchsets/gSOAP/gateway-gsoap.v7.diff
>
> the patchsets have been committed to SVN trunk, so the whole SOAP
> "infrastructure" is already inside the Kannel code base. Depending
> on the SOAP SDP dialect they use, you will need to implement your
> own module incarnation for it through.
>
> We support Ericsson's ParlayX and GMSA OneAPI at the moment. What do
> they use?

I've got specification from telco (Telekom Srbija) and they say that is
'Ericsson ParlayX' but when I read docs I have seen that their specs
differs from the Ericsson. I cannot post specification because of NDA.

Another telco (VIP Mobile) sent to me SOAP specification which is
totally different (I pressume they invented it) and a lot worse than
'ParlayX like' from above mention telco.

To me it looks like telco's doesn't like to have standardized protocols
for system integrators/developers (VASP) for some unknown reasons (at
least to me).

> >>2) Any additional information to help me implement this will be greatly
> >>appreciated.
> >
> >You can try this with the patch (maybe you will have to adapt it to your
> >telco) and see if it works.
> >
> >When I had to change to that (stupid, IMO) SOAP and HTTP, I wrote HTTP
> >server and SOAP parser/decoder from the scratch because that was easier
> >for me.
>
> It's a mess that people think exposing SOAP to the VASP side makes
> the SMS messaging easier.

+1

> In fact what we want to have in Kannel is the GSMA OneAPI SOAP
> server side implementation in smsbox, so we can abstract as:
>
>  SMSC <-SMPP/UCP/CIMD2/..-> bearerbox <-> smsbox <-OneAPI SOAP-> VASPs
>
> anyone interested in tackling this? The code base is already inside
> SVN trunk, you would simply need to make the gSOAP part for the
> server side.
>
> Stipe
>
> --
> Kölner Landstrasse 419
> 40589 Düsseldorf, NRW, Germany
>
> tolj.org system architecture      Kannel Software Foundation (KSF)
> http://www.tolj.org/              http://www.kannel.org/
>
> mailto:st_{at}_tolj.org           mailto:stolj_{at}_kannel.org

Kind regards,  Milan
Arvanta,        http://www.arvanta.net
Please do not send me e-mail containing HTML code or documents in
proprietary format (word, excel, pps and so on)