On Tue, 2014-12-02 at 17:07, ha...@aeon.pk wrote:
> A good question! :-)
>
> I did use 63, as I am using it since quite some time (and it works).
> However on your alert, I checked the userguide to see that 63 should not be
> a combination at all. But I am pretty sure that I read it somewhere else,
> that's why I started using it. It would be something like 63=31+32, where I
> need to dig out what 32 status is for.

Mask is binary but dlr-mask parameter is decimal encoding of the desired
delivery reports. Decimal values for particular delivery report are:

 16 == SMSC Rejected, response would be NACK/##/SOMETEXT
  8 == SMSC Accepted, response would be ACK/
  4 == Carrier Accepted
  2 == Handset Rejected/Failed
  1 == Handset Delivered

So, if you set dlr-mask to 63 it have all five (lower) bits set to 1 and
you get the same result as with dlr-mask equal to 31. I didn't looked at
code but I presume that dlr-mask could be set to 127 or even 255 (all
lower five bits are set to 1) and you will have the reports as with mask
set to 31.

31 is 11111 in binary form
63 is 111111 in binary
Notice that lower five bits have all 1 values.

Kannel ignores unused bits in dlr-mask probably, I didn't checked the
source.

--
Kind regards,  Milan
Arvanta,        http://www.arvanta.net