Am 27.09.16 19:19, schrieb Jim Page:
Hi Stipe
Sorry if I am being dim, but the incoming message is MT, isn't it, and the
outgoing message is MO? Or have I misunderstood something fundamental?
If not, and in your statement below MO and MT are round the wrong way, then you
are correct - on an sms service REST failure: convert MT message to MO in the
smsbox context and pass it back to bearerbox to be forwarded to another SMSC.
FYI - these two SMSCs both belong to us, but operate in different divisions of
our service.

Hi Jim,

now, let's first make sure the "definition part" is clear.

MT = mobile terminate message, defines a message from the application layer TOWARDS the mobile subscriber.

MO = mobile originated message, defines a message from the mobile subscriber towards the application layer (may be SMSC, where it then converts to an MT again, it send to another person).

So, what I understood is that an MO is send from a mobile, coming in from the SMSC towards Kannel, and then forwarded to an REST API. IF that API fails, the message convert to an MT and is send to bearerbox for transportation to another SMSC.

Is this scenario summary correct?

--
Best Regards,
Stipe Tolj

Düsseldorf, NRW, Germany

Kannel Foundation                 tolj.org system architecture
http://www.kannel.org/            http://www.tolj.org/

st...@kannel.org                  s...@tolj.org