Hi.

I'm now wondering whether I've misunderstood how DLRs actually work.

I just tried the following:

1. Make sure my mobile phone is turned on and has good signal.

2. Send a message via kannel to my mobile phone, with dlr_mask=31, indicating
that I want to get all status reports possible.

3. I immediately get back a DLR with status=8, which I interpret to mean that
the message has been received by the upstream SMSC and is being processed.

4. I then immediately afterwards get a DLR with status=1, which I interpret to
mean that the message has been delivered to my phone.

5. Sure enough, the message has arrived on my phone.

6. Turn the phone off.

7. Repeat step 2 above.

8. I immediately get back a DLR with status=8, just as in step 3 above.

9. Nothing further happens - no surprise there.

10. I turn my phone back on again and wait until it has signal.

11. The second message arrives on my phone.

12. The bit which surprises me is that I do *not* now get a DLR through kannel
with status=1, so my application has no way of knowing that the message has
now been delivered.

Am I misunderstanding the meaning of status codes 8 and 1, or maybe
misunderstanding how DLRs are supposed to work with SMS?

I'd be grateful for any comments helping me to understand why I do not get a
DLR status=1 after the second message has arrived on my phone.

Thanks,

Antony.

--
"The future is already here.   It's just not evenly distributed yet."

 - William Gibson

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.