Assuming you did not install the Flatpak version:

Go to the folder with the calc document in it.  Right click an empty space and select "Open in terminal".  Then type this in the terminal and enter:
libreoffice --calc

Does calc open?  If so, close it.  Is there any response in the terminal?

Then type this in the terminal and enter:
libreoffice --calc <filename>

Replace <filename> with the filename.
Does calc open?  If so, close it.  Is there any response in the terminal?

Mike