On Sun, 3 Sep 2023 12:32:39 +0200
Regina Henschel <rb.hensc...@t-online.de> dijo:

>> How can I permanently nuke this annoyance?
>
>I would not try to remove or disable the "Standard" toolbar. But I
>would use it as "custom" toolbar. I would change its content so, that
>it only contains the icons you really need.
>
>When you want a lot of vertical place for the document, then working
>with the sidebar will help. It contains already most of the things you
>might need. So only a few icons will be needed in the "Standard"
>toolbar, so that all of them will be visible when the toolbar is
>placed right or left of the edit window.

I did that many years ago. I have a 'Text' toolbar that is a custom
toolbar containing all the tools I need for working with text, plus the
Styles toolbar. These float to the right of the document window. I don't
want a sidebar with more distractions. The big problem with the
Standard toolbar is that it pops up on top of the document I am working
on so I can't see all the document, right in the middle of the screen. I
want the document window to contain nothing but the document; no icons,
no toolbars, nada de nada, just the text that I am writing.

That the Standard toolbar exists is no problem for me. I just want it
to stop popping up on top of my work and leave me alone. Something is
causing it to pop up; there is a setting somewhere that I need to turn
off, but I can't find it. And this behavior is new, so it must have
come with some upgrade. I don't know whose idea this was, but it wasn't
a very good one.