A cautionary note which I hope someone else will find useful.

Using LO 7.3.7.2 in UbuntuStudio 2204 LTS I came upon a conflict between two
methods of inserting lines to separate page text from footers.

My exercise was what appeared a simple task, to edit an older document to
increase the line width from the default 0.05pt to 0.75pt in order to improve
visibility when printing. It didn't take long to find that I had long been
ignorant of the existence of two methods of defining a border line:
1. editing the page style, Footer tab, select 'More...'
2. editing a footer paragraph style

My awakening happened when I saw that on some pages I had two lines above the
footer with a very small spacing between them - each of the methods has its own
positioning of the border line above the footer. (Playing with the 'padding'
doesn't affect the positioning of the line.)

Editing took a little longer than I had expected but at the end, I was still
left with a 'page style footer' border line on one page style that I could not
modify. It remained as a 'ghost' and only vanished when I turned off the footer
on that page style and then turned it back on and remade that footer from
scratch.

All goes to show that even after years of use, there are still things to
discover.

Philip