Hi, I want to centre align text in documents.  In LO Help it says:
To access this command...
Choose Format - Align (LibreOffice Writer, LibreOffice Calc).
Also on the Toolbar.

However, the alignments are greyed out and I can't use them. but funnything
is, sometimes I can and I can't figure it out. And it's not on the toolbar
even when I click the 3 chevrons to show the overflow. The edit mode is
greyed out and shift-ctr+m won't turn it on.

What am I missing?

Version: 7.3.7.2 / LibreOffice Community
Build ID: 30(Build:2)
CPU threads: 12; OS: Linux 5.15; UI render: default; VCL: gtk3
Locale: ja-JP (en_GB.UTF-8); UI: en-GB
Ubuntu package version: 1:7.3.7-0ubuntu0.22.04.4
Calc: threaded