Hi all. I've just been looking at making pdf forms with Writer. Easier than I'd thought.

I've been able to create a sample form with text fields and open this with xreader, evince or firefox. Firefox is able to display, edit and save a form whatever the content.

However, evince and xreader refuse to even show data for radio buttons or a checkbox control and will not alter the settings. Similarly, pdftotext does not print the setting of such a control.

I'm not sure this is strictly an LO issue, but has anyone met similar problems with LO-produced forms?

I'm working on Mint 21.2 (LO 7.3.7.2), but will need the resulting pdf's to be usable by Windows users too.

Oh, and is there any known way (CLI) of extracting the data fields from a pdf form? pdftotext seems rather ham-fisted: surely there's something better!

Apologies if this is too far OT; but any advice would be helpful, thanks.

--
Mike Scott
Harlow, Essex, England