On 16/02/2024 07:23, Robert Großkopf wrote:
Hi Mike,

Snap-to-grid doesn't seem to do a lot - but as the grid size isn't changeable, it would not be a whole lot of help.

I'm creating very much forms for databases (also for other people). I'm using grid only. Helps me very much. Points of the grid are small - right. But grid size could be changed to every distance I need.

Thanks for the reply.

I've had another look at this. The grid spacing options are in the main 'Options' menu, although the forms stuff has a local facility to turn off grid.

I still find the grid unusably faint though, even with a colour change. It must be an optical illusion, but the grid seems fainter the more I expand the screen image to get better accuracy. It seems quite dark with small scales, all but invisible at expanded scales.

The other issue is that, yes, it does snap horizontally to the grid. Vertically however it seems to snap to positions between the grid points, taking two unequal steps to move between snap locations. Most odd.

--
Mike Scott
Harlow, Essex, England