Bob Goodwin - Zuni, Virginia, USA writes:

           Is there a way I can install without using the USB flash
           drive? There is no optical drive in that box. Is there a
           scheme for installing over the LAN connection?

Yes, but first you need to make sure that your target computer supports booting over the network. Poke in its BIOS, see if you can find some option that's described somewhere along the lines as being able to boot over the network. There's usually an option somewhere that sets the order in which the BIOS attempts to boot, whether the first device is the hard drive, or the CD/DVD ROM, or USB. If one of those options is a network boot, you're good to go. That's presuming that this is a network port on the motherboard. If you have a standalone network card, the card should have its own internal BIOS that you can enter during the boot, with an option to enable booting.

The Fedora installation guide has instructions for installing Fedora over the network, using a network-based boot, so I guess you can follow along, but you'll need to verify that your motherboard supports a network-based boot, first, otherwise you'll be wasting your time.

I use a different, slightly order method, BTW, of manually setting up DHCP, TFTP, and isolinux.