On Mon, 4 Aug 2014, Sudhir Khanger wrote:

On Sunday, August 03, 2014 10:25:16 PM T.C. Hollingsworth wrote:
On Sun, Aug 3, 2014 at 7:14 PM, Bill Oliver <ven...@billoblog.com> wrote:
I apologize if this is not Fedora-specific, but I've got a desktop
question. When I want to save some text, I'll highlight it and hit ctl-c
or to copy it or ctl-v to paste it.  Is there anything analogous to
"named registers" in vim that will allow me to copy into different
buffers (or, in vim, registers) so I can grab and paste from multiple
instances?

If it makes a difference, I'm running Fedora 20 with KDE 4.

Klipper is included with the Fedora KDE spin by default, and while it
doesn't really have _named_ registers it does save a list of the last
N items you copied and makes them available for easy pasting.  For
more information, see:
http://docs.kde.org/stable/en/kde-workspace/klipper/

If that doesn't quite fit your needs there are of course a multitude
of other options:
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/clipboard

-T.C.

I have set Klipper to save 500 entries. It is triggered with a Ctrl+` on my
system. And you could search through the Klipper history just by typing. If
you enable "synchronize primary selection with clipboard" you will never have
to do Ctrl-C to copy just select and it will be copied. And then you can
trigger Klipper anywhere your mouse is by using shortcut Ctrl+`, search and
paste.

Forgot to mark it solved.

billo