Hey CB -
You might have a look at how IPython does it.
http://ipython.scipy.org/moin/
They have a pretty good walkthrough on integrating it, and IPython ain't no slouch. Only problem is, it depends on GNU readline (Or, in this case PyReadline, which is not DLR-aware at this point and needs some work) for auto-completion etc., so you have to disable that part. You can turn that off in config.
But aside from that, the rest of it works just fine with IronPython.
(I'm just an old country programmer :-) , but I didn't have too much trouble getting it to work.) There's also Sho, from MS Research, but the source code is not available. But I'll tell you now, they embed IronPy and have a lot of hardcoded stuff in the hookups... Probably not the best example.
But check out the IPython example.
Here's a link to an earlier post on the topic which explains what I did.
https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups#!topic/ironpy/uQJzxhjjh2M
Hope that helps.

Dave