Franky,

For glib, I'm using the following:

CC="cc -L/Users/fdm/Mono/lib" CFLAGS="-I/Users/fdm/Mono/include -m32" PATH=/Users/fdm/Mono/bin:$PATH ./configure --prefix=/Users/fdm/Mono

sorry, I forgot that CC and extra CFLAGS in my previous mail.
When I got your gettext error, it was because my mono prefix was not in the path, however, you say it is.

I also did an upgrade from leopard to Snow.

My application is now working without crashes, however, on a certain window in my app, CPU spikes to 100% whenever something on the form is changed. This CPU spike only occurs after a few hours (or lots of activity), it seems to 'build up' and after a while, the app is no longer usable.

Still investigating, trying to turn off some bindings, ... seeing if that helps or not. I didn't get this behaviour on Leopard / old mono, so it must be something in either Snow Leopard, or the new Mono (after all, it is an svn build, not an official release).

I also see some issues when building my app with integrated mono, it fails a lot more than on regular leopard.

I don't think either of those issues is related to the patch from Laurent/Sledge Ham, but we're still testing...

mvg,

- Kenny

Franky De Meyer wrote:
Thanks for the extra info for the Snow Leopard build.

It helped me get a little further now: "GNU Gettext" and "pkg-config" now
both build OK on Snow Leopard.
The "glib" configure however stops with following error:

(After installing Gettext and pkg-config in /Users/fdm/Mono)
When I execute:

cd glib-2.22.0
CFLAGS="-m32"
CXXFLAGS="-m32"
CC="cc -L/Users/fdm/Mono/lib"
./configure --prefix=/Users/fdm/Mono

I get the following output: (only the last few lines shown)
----------------
checking for libintl.h... yes
checking for ngettext in libc... no
checking for bindtextdomain in -lintl... no
checking if -liconv is needed to use gettext...
checking for ngettext in -lintl... no
configure: error:
*** You must have either have gettext support in your C library, or use the
*** GNU gettext library. (http://www.gnu.org/software/gettext/gettext.html
------------------

So, there must still be something I'm doing wrong. The install of
gettext-0.17 was OK, and was built with the same settings as glib.
I can just type gettext at the command prompt however, and it is found.I
have the latest XCode version. I did do an upgrade from Leopard to Snow
Leopard and not a fresh install. Maybe that has something to do with it.

In any case, thanks for your help.

BTW, does your app work OK on Snow Leopard, with the latest patch from
Laurent?

Regards,
Franky