Alberto Zuin - Liste <li...@albertozuin.eu> writes:

> Hello all,

Hello,

> just for information, I know there is a pre-compiled version of
> OpenNebula in your repository, but in the "official" Debian repository
> there is only an old version of OpenNebula for Wheezy (3.4) and only
> the contextualization package for the upcoming Jessie.  There is any
> plan to have the package in the official Jessie repository?

First, I'm neither from the OpenNebula team nor a Debian developper.

I see no activity on the Debian repository[1].

I started[2] to rework the Debian packaging.

It's a big work, for now lintian is far from being happy[3] and I don't
know if the OpenNebula team is OK with it[4].

I do not even take the DFSG into account or the duplication of some
components[5] with other Debian packages.

So, I can't answer for others but it does not looks like it planed to
make the fast moving OpenNebula fit the distribution releases.

Regards.

Footnotes:
[1]  http://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/pkg-opennebula/opennebula.git

[2]  https://github.com/baby-gnu/one/tree/pkg/debian/master

[3]  c.f. attachement

[4]  http://dev.opennebula.org/issues/3129#note-5

[5]  https://bugs.debian.org/774114

--
Daniel Dehennin
Récupérer ma clef GPG: gpg --recv-keys 0xCC1E9E5B7A6FE2DF