I agree with you Lukas,

The APT format simpler than the rest, and this has good and bad points. Modifications at template level are applied to the whole site, and are independent from the document format, so they are not really relevant if the point is just to decide which document format to use. And macros are far more complex to create than just switching to XDoc in the few cases you need to.

I generally use APT for most documents, fml for the FAQs, and XDoc only when I need to create something more complicated (usually the main page, as it usually has to be more attractive than the rest, and it is the entry point for robots and other meta-data consumers).

Cheers

Lukas Theussl wrote:

I was only listing the differences/limitations of the document format itself. Whatever tools you use around it (maven, velocity) can be applied to any other document format as well.

-Lukas

nsowatsk wrote:
Hi

The list of meta data that you give below is partly addressed in different
sections of the pom.

Once they are in the pom, they also get processed by the standard Maven
report plugin and so appear in various web pages created by that plugin.

Also, by using velocity (.apt.vm) you can include the values of the variable
from the pom file in the text of the pages generated from the .apt files.

Just to clear, APT is limited, but you have to look at it holistically, and
think about what the other Maven tools can do also.

Regards

Nathan