dreedyman <dennis.re...@gmail.com> writes:
> Thanks for the followup. I've taken a look at m2eclipse, and I frankly
> dont see any examples of how to use embedding in a standalone
> way. Perhaps you can point me to specific references?
>
> The fundamental issue here seems to be bootstrapping the maven
> environment via the plexus container. It seems that we are either
> bound to running in a maven context, or running in Eclipse. The
> obvious requirement is running *standalone*.

You may find some help in the code I've written for my Emacs
integration; check http://github.com/espenhw/malabar-mode (and
especially
http://github.com/espenhw/malabar-mode/blob/master/src/main/groovy/org/grumblesmurf/malabar/MvnServer.groovy)
for how I do it.

I've sto.. er, "borrowed" a lot of code from
http://svn.eu.apache.org/viewvc/maven/maven-3/trunk/maven-embedder/src/main/java/org/apache/maven/cli/MavenCli.java?view=markup

which seems to be the currently-canonical way of bootstrapping Maven.

--
Espen Wiborg <espen.wib...@telio.no> - Veritas vos liberabit
"Memory is like an orgasm. It's a lot better if you don't have to fake it."