the jar spec does not support jar files within jar files (technically Java's URL support only goes one level deep: eg jar:url/to/file!path/ in/jar is allowed, but jar:jar:url/to/file!path/in/jar!path/in/jar is not) so while you could copy the jar files inside your ejb jar, nothing will be loaded from it

what you can do is explode your dependencies into your jar. there are two tools you can use for this: dependency:unpack-dependencies or the maven-shade-plugin

Sent from my [rhymes with tryPod] ;-)