Arrowx7 wrote:
Hello,
I migrated from ant to maven and just wanted to include the jars (for now
before we set up a repo).
  <repositories>
      <repository>
          <id>project</id>
          <name>Project Maven Repository</name>
          <layout>default</layout>
          <url>file://${basedir}/src/main/webapp/WEB-INF/lib</url>
      </repository>
  </repositories>

Then I write dependencies, such as for apache commons logging

    <dependency>
        <groupId>org.apache.commons</groupId>
        <artifactId>commons-logging-1.1.1</artifactId>
        <version></version>
    </dependency>

It complains because it wants the version, if I give it the version it says
it can't find it.  How do I just get this jar in there without setting up
your own repository and installing it to repository, generating version
etc... I just want to simply linclude that file in there.  I realize that
it's bad format, but how do I tell it to just grab that file regardless of
version.
Use the "system" scope for your dependencies.

--
Eduardo M KALINOWSKI
edua...@kalinowski.com.br