Hi guys !

I work on a portlet project so some dependencies are provided by the portal (ie
hibernate, spring etc...).

My project has 2 modules  :
-parent
|_services
|_ui

Hibernate is a dependency from the services module. The services module is a
dependency from the ui module. I use classes from Hibernate in the ui module
(DetachedCriteria), so I expect the hibernate dependency to be known by the ui
module.

Here is the weird thing :
- ui module build is successfull when executed from his pom file.
- ui module build fails with a "package org.hibernate[...] does not exist"
error when executed from the parent pom file.

Indeed as I watch the output of the mvn dependency:tree command for both
locations (parent & ui module), I don't get the same tree (hibernate dependency
doesn't show in the ui tree generated from the parent pom).

My workaround is to re-call the hibernate dependency in the ui pom file, but in
my opinion Maven should resolve this alone...

Any thoughts ?

Romain WILBERT