> I'm not running it in any IDE . straight from the command shell.
> No other Java versions running I guess, other than 1.6.0_22. and its Maven
> 2.2.1.

Check what "mvn help:effective-pom" says when you run that from your
project directory. Perhaps there is another compiler configuration
that is being applied and you just don't even realize it?

Also, why do you have the plugin-maven-compiler as a property instead
of simply putting it directly in the <plugin/> node? It seems like a
bit of unnecessary indirection. I'd say the same thing about your
other plugin versions that are listed as properties. You should use
pluginManagement for this purpose.

Wayne