On Wed, Jan 11, 2012 at 09:07:29AM -0600, Steve Cohen wrote:
> It appears that this entire class and the interface it is based on are
> deprecated, in favor of org.apache.maven.rtinfo.RuntimeInformation and
> org.apache.maven.rtinfo.internal.DefaultRuntimeInformation.
>
> But this non-deprecated version of the interface/impl REMOVE the
> getApplicationVersion() method.
>
> What's going on here and what is the approved method for getting the
> application version now?

What he said.

Dunno about *approved*, but in a JAR (or WAR?) in
META-INF/maven/${groupId}/${artifactId} you'll find pom.properties
which contains a 'version' property:

  $ cat pom.properties
  #Generated by Maven
  #Mon Aug 29 13:19:24 EDT 2011
  version=1.0-SNAPSHOT
  groupId=edu.iupui.ulib.dspace
  artifactId=casAuthn

I know that at least one product deserializes this file to discover
its own version number.

One could use resource filtering to produce a customized
allAboutMe.properties explicitly, containing anything Maven knows and
is willing to provide to a filter.

But I too would like to know what the supported method is, and where
that is documented.

--
Mark H. Wood, Lead System Programmer   mw...@iupui.edu
Asking whether markets are efficient is like asking whether people are smart.