On Tue, Apr 17, 2012 at 07:12:26AM -0700, Eric Kolotyluk wrote:
> I also recommend taking the Sonatype training courses - especially if
> you are a software architect.
>
> There is a lot to be said when you can ask question as the instructor is
> going over the material.
>
> However, you are right, if someone were to write a book called the "The
> Maven Way" in the style you suggest, I would certainly be interested in
> buying a copy.

You are not alone in that.  Especially since the most valuable single
bit of advice one can give a new Maven user is:  "if you don't do
things Maven's way, Maven will fight you and Maven will win."

People extol the virtues of "convention over configuration", but where
is the compact definitive specification of The Conventions?

--
Mark H. Wood, Lead System Programmer   mw...@iupui.edu
What is obvious to A may be not so obvious to B and downright