> Maven just refuses to include META-INF/persistence.xml in the jar no matter
> what I do! It resides in src/main/resources/META-INF. After building it is
> also
> in target/classes/META-INF along with MANIFEST.MF, but it is missing in the
> jar file.

Try a very simple test...
Run "mvn archetype:generate" (and pick maven-archetype-quickstart
which is 205 for me). Specify whatever values when prompted.
Then "mkdir src/main/resources/META-INF".
Copy your persistence.xml file there.
Run "mvn package" from the project directory.
Then "cd target" and "jar -tvf blah-1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar | grep
persistence" and see if it is in the jar.

If so, there *must* be some additional configuration which you are
applying which is causing this to fail.

"mvn help:effective-pom" might be helpful in tracking this down more.
I would remove as much configuration from your pom as possible while
keeping the basic functionality you require.

> I can add that I'm also using the Apache Felix maven-bundle-plugin. I don't
> know
> if it can affect this behavior.

No clue. If your test above works, I'd try to build things without
this plugin and see if the problem goes away. If that works, I'd ask
the Apache Felix team about it. Perhaps they are doing something funky
which causes this file to not be included in your artifacts.

Wayne