Ralf,

I'm still working on it along with a few others. Dhanji has the Atom markup
working[1], Kristian has implemented a Ruby DSL[2], and Jason Dillon has
implemented a Groovy DSL which creates synthetic plugins to bind arbitrary
scripting to Maven's lifecycle. My original was to see how Maven's
infrastructure could be leveraged by other markups and DSLs. These examples do
render to an interoperable format insofar as consumers go. Maven itself
obviously cannot run a Ruby DSL but if you like the Ruby DSL you can use it to
build an not affect consumers: you can build and deploy to a Maven repository
and someone else can consume the dependency with stock Maven.

I have all the early adopters I can deal with one-on-one right now, because I
can't deal with many really, but if you have more than a passing interest feel
free to email me privately.

[1]: https://github.com/dhanji/sitebricks/blob/master/pom.atom
[2]: https://gist.github.com/3244352
[3]: https://gist.github.com/3244367

On Aug 1, 2012, at 3:41 AM, Ralf Zahn wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am currently studying what's new in Maven 3.0 (and will be introduced
> with 3.1). Polyglot Maven should be one of the new features that got a
> really good feedback by the community (I guess).
> Unfortunately, it seems to be stopped (polyglot.sonatype.org forwards to
> sonatype.org without any notice). I cannot find anything about it in JIRA.
> So what is the current state about this topic? Any official statement by
> sonatype?
>
> Regards,
> Ralf
>

> ARS Computer und Consulting GmbH, http://www.ars.de
> Ridlerstrasse 55, 80339 Muenchen, Deutschland
> Handelsregister Muenchen, HRB 101829, USt-ID: DE 155 068 909
> Geschaeftsfuehrer:
> Michael Arbesmeier, Kai-Uwe Rommel, Roland Schock, Joachim Gucker

Thanks,

Jason

Jason van Zyl
Founder & CTO, Sonatype
Founder,  Apache Maven
http://twitter.com/jvanzyl

We all have problems. How we deal with them is a measure of our worth.

 -- Unknown