On Thu, Jan 02, 2014 at 03:53:46PM -0500, Jeffrey E Care wrote:
> Stephen Connolly <stephen.alan.conno...@gmail.com> wrote on 01/02/2014
> 02:06:55 PM:
>
> > I personally liked the anteater idea... We can ask the Ant PMC if we
> have a
> > "winning" logo that we are worried about
>
> While some Ant folks might appreciate the tongue-in-cheek nature of an
> anteater logo, I think it be seen by many more folks as unnecessarily
> antagonistic.

Perhaps.  I think it's a cute idea, but I feel that Maven and Ant have
different jobs, so for many it might be puzzling instead.  I think
there'd be quite a number of questions "why's your mascot an anteater,
of all things?"

--
Mark H. Wood, Lead System Programmer   mw...@iupui.edu
Machines should not be friendly.  Machines should be obedient.