Hi,

As some may know, a lot of work has been done at tesla.io on various advanced
features in Maven but, unfortunately, not enough work for these features to see
the light of day. It wouldn't be surprising if Maven users have no idea what
these features are because I've not done a great job at communicating about the
work. Some of the work is mine, some of other major contributors, and more
recently from key customers.

To make a long story short there's a lot of cool stuff to talk about, and the
work as a new venue at takari.io! I'll be giving a webinar next week and here
are some of the features I'd like to talk about:

- Polyglot support: Ruby, Groovy, and Scala DSLs. These have all been actively
worked on in the recent past, especially the Ruby and Scala DSLs.
- Full incremental support: the complete Maven lifecycle including an
incremental command line compiler based on JDT, all with m2e integration
- Aggressive parallelization: a new parallelization mode that also optimizes
scheduling based on critical path analysis
- Generations: a new form of continuous delivery for Maven -- Smart delta
protocol and no more SNAPHOTs!
- Shell: long-lived CLI process for Maven

Much of this work is functional, and the new parallelization mode and
generations support are actively being used in production. We are still
iterating on these specific features but they show a lot of promise. Where all
of this code eventually lands is a question for the Maven development
community. All of this work was developed outside of Apache, and how easy it is
to integrate back into the Maven project remains to be seen. At the very least
there is a lot of very interesting work and I wanted to start the dialog
because Maven just isn't going to die :-)

So please join us for a webinar, Tuesday, January 21 at 11:30AM EST (UTC -5
hours) to learn more about what we're working on and what we're trying to
accomplish.

All registrants will receive access to the recording, so if you can’t make it —
you won’t have to miss out.

Register here: http://goo.gl/vqSvL7

Hope you can make it,

Jason van Zyl