On Tue, Jul 22, 2014 at 03:51:54PM +0000, Preston, Dale wrote:
> I was just wondering why this group uses an email list rather than a forum.
> It seems forum software is more searchable and filterable than email lists.

If it had been my choice:  because I'd have to go to a forum every day
(and a hundred others!) while email comes to me.  I have plenty of
powerful email search and filter tools right here on my workstation.

Every time someone proposes some other medium for this sort of
communication (forum, Twitter, etc.) my first question is "how can I
get that in email?"  I can't think offhand of any forum software I've
used that isn't uncomfortable, inconvenient and hard to search.

--
Mark H. Wood, Lead System Programmer   mw...@iupui.edu
Machines should not be friendly.  Machines should be obedient.