Hi James,

> I can no longer see "Deploy artifacts to Maven repository"
> as a post-build action.

Just add a build step that does "mvn deploy" or similar.

> Dare I ask what I'm missing having chosen the full-fat option..?

If you're asking what you cannot do with freeform jobs: I don't know of
anything. I think the Maven-style job is just a convenience to get very
basic CI set up as quickly as possible, for people without much technical
know-how.

If you're asking for more details on limitations of the Maven-style job:
it's been awhile, but IIRC my group had several problems. One such was that
the Jenkins Git plugin did not fire Maven-style jobs upon receiving the
push notification from GitHub. Another really serious problem is that you
can't add arbitrary shell script as a post-build step. And needing to do
this is, in my experience, extremely common.

It wouldn't be that big of an issue if there were an easy way to later
"convert" a Maven-style job to a freestyle job should the need arise. But
try a web search on that topic and you'll see what I mean about it being a
highly non-trivial problem.

Regards,
Curtis