Hi Kevin,

the best suggestion i can give is simply make a separate module where the integration tests should be moved to...

This has the advantage having different location for them, cause they are more than unit tests which is expressed by using a separate module furthermore you have the configuration for the integration test within a separate module which is more flexible this includes the configuration of maven-failsafe-plugin as well.

maven-failsafe-plugin should be used cause it supports a different naming schema for your integration tests (*IT.java see docs of maven-failsafe-plugin) and you can check the results of the integration tests via maven-failsafe-plugin:verify separately...and break the build if you like...

Apart from the above integration tests should run at an other phase (pre-integration-test,integration-test, post-integration) and NOT in test phase...which is handled by maven-failsafe-plugin (see docs http://maven.apache.org/surefire/maven-failsafe-plugin/usage.html)

So if you like to run your unit tests parallel you can configure the maven-surefire-plugin which does not influence your integration tests...

I would also suggest to put the integration tests into src/test/java within the separated module....

Kind regards
Karl-Heinz Marbaise