On 26 November 2014 at 18:55, Stephen Connolly <
stephen.alan.conno...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I also think we should remove the side-bars (and perhaps switch to a top
> bar menu) as they hinder mobile accessibility.

I think the total number of people using a mobile phone to visit the maven
website would be zero.

I think the left side bars is useful, but too cluttered.
The right side bar is also useful because it has all the related links but
takes up a lot of room.

At the moment the focus is on a new user, which most people are once in
their Maven experience.
We should make it easy for the new user to find the landing page for
download and the new user tour, and then redesign the front page for the
most common purpose of using Maven.  The develop Maven page should be
pushed onto another landing page too.

This would allow the use of larger, more readable fonts as well as there is
less clutter.
I'm no web design guru, but all the online courses I've been reading over
the last 6 months have had the Maven site redesign in mind.