On 6 January 2015 at 14:50, Ron Wheeler <rwhee...@artifact-software.com>
wrote:

> On 05/01/2015 6:29 PM, Kevin Burton wrote:
>
>> Breaking your application into smaller independent services may give you a
>>
>>> way to reduce the number of conflicts related to these different
>>> transitive
>>> dependencies but that may not be as easy as testing your app with the
>>> updated versions or doing some research with the teams that are building
>>> with the old libraries to see if they will upgrade and run their
>>> acceptance
>>> tests within a time frame that meets your project's timeline
>>> requirements.
>>>

>> I agree.  in this case the issue is testing. I need to embed cassandra so
>> can test it but it’s conflicting with spark.
>>
> These are both Apache projects that I don't know.

Same.

Or alternatively from my brief reading of these two it appears that they
can run independently.
If you can avoid having them running in the same process you can separate
out your dependency hell.

This may be as simple as creating a new module to do your integration
testing and to control starting the external dependencies needed to do your
integration testing.