Dale,

At one of my clients we have a large TFS deployment for TFVC and GIT as well as
a lot of the other SDLC support. However TFS does NOT include support for a
binary component repository manager like Artifactory or Nexus. And we also
ended up using Jenkins fyi.

I think you have no real choice but to use repository manager in parallel to
your TFS server. If you try to put the component/repository management aspect
into TFS/TFVC with some manual/custom setup you will spend considerable time
and money getting that working and supporting it.

My suggestion would be to get the development infrastructure support team (same
team as TFS admins, often called build mgt team, or dev infrastructure or
SCM...) to take on the role of managing a repo manager.

When it comes to choice of repo manager my suggestions would be to use Sonatype
Nexus OSS since it gives you support for Maven and NuGet repositories without
any licensing requirements and is the most widely used repo manager. Nexus OSS
also includes yum, npm and rubygems support in case you need those.

Here is the Nexus docs.
http://books.sonatype.com/nexus-book/reference/index.html

You might also want to read some of the blogs posts regarding Nexus and Nuget
from Damir Arh.

http://www.sonatype.org/nexus/author/d-arh/

I hope that helps

Manfred

Disclaimer: I also work with Sonatype as Nexus trainer and author among other
things.