Hi,

> Even with a single organization having config outside the project is a
> right pain. Instead of "it's maven, you know what to do", you have
> some weird site specific ritual to perform, and this creates friction.

FWIW, in general, I agree 100%. One of the beautiful things about Maven is
that for every project, you can:

$ git clone git://github.com/myorg/myproj
$ cd myproj
$ mvn

And good things happen! So awesome!

As soon as you also have to start tweaking ~/.m2/settings.xml or
settings-security.xml or extensions.xml or whatever, the beauty is gone...

Regards,
Curtis