Hello,

as far as I know there is no way to exclude the maven archetype plugin
declaration from the resulting pom. The last release of the maven archetype
added the possibility to filter out some folders or files you don't want to
end up in the archetype (like .git or .svn folders, or .eclipse).
However we don't have a way to filter out parts of the pom though.

You can file a JIRA issue, but I don't think it's a top-priority issue -
the resulting pom would still work as it's not breaking anything.