Hi Jim,

I struggled with licensing-related tooling too when I researched it awhile
back—and my needs were simpler than yours. We ended up using
license-maven-plugin to programmatically manage license headers of all our
sources, with a single header with unified copyright date range and
contributors list, which made things much easier. It sounds like your
licensing situation is substantially more heterogeneous.

I do not know of any excellent licensing-related tutorials for license
management, auditing or both. Maybe you could take the bull by the horns
and write a guide somewhere? It would surely be of great benefit to the
Maven community.

Regards,
Curtis