I have a profile defined in my parent POM which I'm trying to activate like this

            <activation>
                <property>
                    <name>jarsigner.keystore.scm.url</name>
                </property>
                <file>
                    <missing>${keystore.dir}</missing>
                </file>
            </activation>

The goal is that when run with -Djarsigner.keystore.scm.url the keystore will
be checked out from SCM, but I don't want it to do that for every module in a
multi-module build. I thought that activation was switched from OR to AND in
3.2.2[1] but I'm using 3.2.5 and I'm seeing this profile as active when the
property is set even though the path exists. I thought maybe it's because
${keystore.dir} is a folder instead of a file, so I tried it with a file but
that had no effect. I can work around it by having an extra checkout in the CI
configuration but I'd prefer to keep it self-contained in the 'mvn package'
lifecycle of the build.

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MNG-4565