Hi James:

Based on your class path, it looks like you installed the “Java Runtime
Environment”.  That’s just the Java virtual machine without the Java Compiler.
Maven is going to need the Java Compiler, so you’ll need to get the Java SE
version (Standard Edition, appears to be at
http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/jdk8-downloads-2133151.html).

Having said that, it looks odd that it’s having trouble finding ‘libjava.so’.
There might be something funny about your JDK installation.  Maybe that gives
you a place to start looking…

Basically, before Maven has any chance at working, you need to make sure that
you can run ‘javac -version’ and it comes back with 1.7 or higher.

Cheers,

Greg Trasuk
http://www.webagesolutions.com