I'm curious why there doesn't seem to be a way to reuse server credentials
across multiple repositories (at least without a warning for those fortunate
few on stack-overflow who claim success). For reference I mean as exemplified
in [1], I have to define in my settings.xml a unique settings.servers.server
for each projects.repositories.repository in my pom.xml, even if the
credentials are the same. I've found a few links such as [2] and [3] that
suggest just adding a <name> to each repository allows me to duplicate the
<id>, but with Maven 3.2.5 and 3.3.9 I get a failure

[ERROR]     'repositories.repository.id' must be unique: artifactory-lmk ->
http://example.com/url1 vs http://example.com/url2 @ line 26, column 13

There's also [4] which says that nope, unique ID is required. Link [2] is the
newest and Manfred says it works, and that's the accepted answer there. Does it
only work for distributionManagement.repositories and not for
build.repositories? Is there anything on the roadmap to address this in
near-future release? There's MNG-5585 [5] which would side-step the issue by
presumably letting the HTTP wagon match the correct credentials automatically
by authentication realm, without the user having to map them out explicitly.
That'd be nice.

[1] - https://maven.apache.org/guides/mini/guide-multiple-repositories.html
[2] -
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/17511469/setting-a-single-server-credentials-in-maven-for-multiple-repositories
[3] -
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/21836539/sonatype-nexus-how-to-set-a-single-server-credentials-for-multiple-repositories
[4] - http://stackoverflow.com/questions/15011250/maven-meaning-of-repository-id
[5] - https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MNG-5585

Justin Georgeson
Release Management

Email: jgeorge...@lgc.com<mailto:jgeorge...@lgc.com>
Office: +1 713-839-3010
Fax: +1 713-839-2285

Follow Halliburton:
LinkedIn<http://logw332.ati-host.net/gopc.url?xts=553058&xtor=EPR-25-%5bHAL-signatures%5d&url=http://www.linkedin.com/company/halliburton>

Facebook<https://logw332.ati-host.net/gopc.url?xts=553058&xtor=EPR-25-%5bHAL-signatures%5d&url=https://www.facebook.com/halliburton>

Twitter<https://logw332.ati-host.net/gopc.url?xts=553058&xtor=EPR-25-%5bHAL-signatures%5d&url=https://twitter.com/halliburton>

YouTube<http://logw332.ati-host.net/gopc.url?xts=553058&xtor=EPR-25-%5bHAL-signatures%5d&url=http://youtube.com/halliburton>

Blog<http://logw332.ati-host.net/gopc.url?xts=553058&xtor=EPR-25-%5bHAL-signatures%5d&url=http://halliburtonblog.com>

[http://www.halliburton.com/public/pubsdata/social_media/images/hal_lmk-200x15.jpg]
 <https://www.landmarksoftware.com/>

This e-mail, including any attached files, may contain confidential and
privileged information for the sole use of the intended recipient.  Any review,
use, distribution, or disclosure by others is strictly prohibited.  If you are
not the intended recipient (or authorized to receive information for the
intended recipient), please contact the sender by reply e-mail and delete all
copies of this message.