Am 30.11.2016 um 15:06 schrieb Florian Schätz:
> Deployment should be automatic, not requiring many steps, but obviously
> it gets a little bit complicated since, for example, when we want to
> release an RC1, we would also (preferably) automatically release an RC1
> of the shared code modules that were modified, too. If they weren't
> modified, we would preferably not release new versions of the shared
> code, but that point if debatable.

A rule of thumb working well for many of us is that only things to be
released together are candidates for multi-module projects. Things to be
released independently should be independent projects. That does not
mean you cannot inherit from the same parent. A library project to be
shared between multiple applications each having its own release-cycle
should not be part of a multi-module project used to build such an
application and should be an independent project with its own
release-cycle. It's important to understand how to make use of
inheritance and aggregation [1]. You can also use the archetype plugin
to generate example/template projects by executing 'mvn archetype:generate'.

<http://maven.apache.org/guides/introduction/introduction-to-the-pom.html#Project_Inheritance_vs_Project_Aggregation>

Regards,
--
Christian